From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mike Hammett
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:30 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Question concerning IP Schema

It has similar ease of address distribution as DHCP, but also carries
rate
limiting information as well.  I'm switching to having the PPPoE backed
by
RADIUS, so my new management system will be a web interface where I can
change anything relating to the customer from a central interface.

There are no special steps in setting up any customer side equipment.
My
CPE also do NATing and LAN side DHCP.  If it didn't, every router sold
today
has a setup process required for installation and have a PPPoE route.  I
am
100% against a broadband client's PC directly on the network.  It should

only be done during special circumstances, and the user would then be
more
than intelligent enough to configure PPPoE.

Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com