I currently host email for a few domains as well as my own. I use a
Barracuda SPAM firewall for my own domain but not the others. Anyways I
pointed an MX record for one of the domains to the Barracuda Spam Firewall.
That domain was not getting any spam whatsoever because it was a newly
registered domain but I wanted it to be READY just in case. Anyways as soon
as I did that the company that uses the domain's email started screaming
bloody murder because they said they were getting TONS of spam all the
sudden. Turns out I added the MX record for the Barracuda as a LOWER
priority and so it was not getting to filter every email that was coming in.

So I started to wonder why the spam was even coming in at all when it HADN'T
been before I added the domain to this Barracuda box. Does anyone else here
besides me feel that Barracuda is intentionally causing spam to be sent out
to its customers domains in order for the customers to see it in the message
logs as more amounts of blocked spam that it was before the box was
added????

Kurt Fankhauser
WAVELINC
P.O. Box 126