From: "Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Rapid Link Launches WiMax Service in Atlanta

* Travis Johnson wrote, On 6/3/2008 10:17 PM:

Yup... and it's only because they can... they are getting the "big"
operators to pay that kind of money, so they will keep selling at those
prices. Supply and demand... but you can build a MT 3.65ghz CPE for less
than $400, but it's still expensive compared to all the other
frequencies.

You can Heathkit your own 3650 solution with
Mikrotik/Ubquitit/StarOS/etc but it is NOT FCC Type Accepted. Until
someone goes through the process it's not doable.

Leon

Travis
Microserv

Mike Hammett wrote:

Yeah, I think I'm going to be passing on 3650 until something cheaper
comes along.  Ubiquiti has the XR3, but that's still a $260 mPCI card
when I normally spend $35.  There's also no RooTennas, so I have to go
with a more expensive solution... I think I figured $500 for a CPE
instead of the $150 I pay now.  I don't expect to pay $150 for a WiMAX
CPE or $750 for a WiMAX AP, but the prices these guys are asking is
ridiculous.

Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com