I have a contract to provide data to 185 police cars and 24 fire trucks in
our city.  We have tested the Vecima LMS8000 series with MMT9000 radios and
they have seemed to work.  I would like input from anyone who has used this
unit or has suggestions about it or other units.  They were wanting
throughput of 1-1.5mb/s and I have seen these numbers, that is the main
reason we were considering this type deployment.  We plan to sell
residential and commercial on this network also.  Here is a little
background:  We are deploying 5 tower sites with 4 90 degree tiltek antennas
at each location (3 currently up and beta testing).  LMS 8000 radios at each
tower.  Vecima backhauls to each tower.  Cisco router at the core.  Cisco
switches at each tower location.  45 meg fiber connection at the core to
feed all towers.  Considering using radius server at core to control access
(feedback appreciated).  Jack Unger's infinite wisdom was used to survey the
rf environment and plan locations.