> Do you find this true for Trango 900 also?

Yes. Definately.
If a SU915/900 Trango can't survive your noise level, nothing else would do
it better, period.
Trangos have built in circuitry to dynamically compress out noise, which
most other brands do not.
This has sometimes shown to be as effective (if not more) than add-on higher
dollar cavity filters.
And Polling w/ARQ feature, made all the difference, in keeping customers
over time.
Thats before we consider the only 5-6db signal-to-noise required of DSSS.

I'm not saying Trango is the only game in town capable, considering all
factors one is looking for. But combating others' noise, is what it does
better.

I'll add that part of the benefit of the Trango is its abilty to get that
resilience to noise, at the lowest dollar amount, for more cases, than
equivellent class gear.
Meaning its default stock configuration accomplishes alot without add-ons,
reducing cost. (no need for expensive Horiz antennas, Lossy  COAX, or Cavity
filters most of the time)

With that said... That doesn't mean that the stock product is enough for all
cases. Sometimes add-on Filters for specific case interference helps, or AP
anrtennas with better Front to Back ratio for taller tower deployments, and
Yagis for CPEs to narrow the beam width.  With 900Mhz we get more CPE to
adjacent sector/channel CPE interference, than 5.x bands, because of
900Mhz's properties to apss through objects, reducing effectiveness of Front
to back ratios.

We did some studies awhile back, comparing OFDM to DSSS in 900Mhz. We
conclused that the OFDM properties typically allowing better handlign of
multi-path to increase signal quality, had next to no improvement in foliage
environments.  Pol Diversity actually had a higher possitive impact, than
OFDM did. But none of them helped gain RSSI more than the disadvantage of
the increased Signal to Noise requirement.  OFDM 900 is a preferred choice
in low noise environments, where the additional speed is needed.

Trango has a new MM OFDM 900Mhz series comming out soon.  It looks like a
promising radio by design. However, I can not comment on it yet, as I have
not used it yet.
It likely won't do as good in noise as the older DSSS versions.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband