I believe the 93 flood was called the 100 year flood.
I filled sandbags that year, as well in a town called Sainte Genevieve, MO
(70 miles south of St. Louis).  The National Guard took me on a photo op and
the area was around Kaskaskia Island was totally obliterated.  There were
cows on roofs and houses floating down the Mississippi.  The levee that was
just before the island, that was in the middle of the Mississippi, broke and
sank the entire island.  The area around there has never recovered.
My understanding is that there are now 6 levees that have broke in
Missouri.  My network is on the west side of St. Louis between the Missouri
and Mermac Rivers, I doubt we will see any floods there...but you never
know...
Time to did out the waders and go shovel some sand...

Victoria

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Chuck McCown - 2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> BTW, the 93 flood in the midwest was called a 500 year flood.
> I lived in Quincy, Illinois then and lost some good test gear to the water.
> Doesn't seem like it has been 500 years since that flood but time does fly.
>
> In any event, I feel for you guys in the middle of the country.  I filled
> many sandbags myself.  Make sure to honk your own horn after you are done
> with the emergency.  I know I am interested in hearing the stories.  Our
> industry needs to make sure the FCC and the rest of the world knows that we
> keep working when all the DSL and cable modems stop.

Victoria Proffer
CEO
St. Louis Broadband
Visit us @