I'm researching various free space optics solutions, particular MRV's
Terescope with the backup radios (~$45K)

http://www.mrv.com/products/line/terescope.php
http://internetcommunications.tmcnet.com/news/2008/04/18/3395257.htm
http://www.mrv.com/library/library.php?ctl=MRV-OTHER-MRW55-Prod
http://www.go-nowires.com/wireless-blog/wireless-10gige/

Like any technology, I hear glowing reviews from some people and
horrible reviews from others.  I'd be curious as to what others there
thought of FOS solns in general, and MRV in particular.

In many cases, I'm seeing cameras feeds coming together to a wifi
multipoint / mesh scenario, and from there the traffic that needs to be
backhauled to somewhere else (e.g. a police station) exceeds the 20-25
Mbps that one can reasonably expect from current wi-fi radios (I've seen
more in more modern radios that start to use draft-n technologies).

10 Gbps is a overkill in all of my situations, but I can envision some
times in which it might be useful.