Are the server *NIX servers?

try running "host  etsy.com 38.106.64.5" from your DNS servers to make
sure you are getting connectivity to their DNS servers on 53

your output should be similar to :
ns1:/var/log# host etsy.com 38.106.64.5
Using domain server:
Name: 38.106.64.5
Address: 38.106.64.5#53
Aliases:

etsy.com has address 72.37.157.20
etsy.com mail is handled by 10 mxin.mxes.net.

If you are using bind, you may have a cached query that returned a bad
value,  you can run "rndc flush" to clear your cached queries.

Ryan