Scottie Arnett wrote:
> Cheap P3 700Mhz Dell, Install Debian with Postfix, MailScanner, Spamassassin,
> Razor, Dcc, Pyzor, Clamav, and a few choice others if you wish. Have it relay
> to your internal mail server, and have internal not receive any email except
> from Debian box. Make sure you have a way to transfer all legit email
> addresses to Debian box. Built this solution for less than $200, not yearly
> subscription, and it handles on average 60,000 emails a day. Want it to
> handle more? Build a bigger PC.
>
> I did all of this myself, and at the time I did not know jack about linux. I
> used an old version documentation of http://www.piratefish.org/ that was free
> at the time, they have a new version he will sell for about $70. I also
> bought "No Starch, The Book Of Postfix."

Ditto on PirateFish.  I got a cp a few years ago and was impressed with
how Johnny clearly articulated things.

Here is a list of features that setup includes:

     *  Now using Ubuntu Linux Server 7.04
     * Piratefish Anti-Spam Integration Examples to make integration
easy on any network
     * Sender Policy Framework Support
     * Integrated Linux Firewall
     * Advanced Bayesian Filtering
     * Daily Activity Reports onSpam Blocking
     * Spam Black List Support
     * Configurable for Two-way Mail Relay
     * Image Spam Blocking & Detection
     * An Anti-Spam Solution compatible with all Email servers
     * Step-by-Step Instructions, written specifically for users new to
Linux and Spam Fighting
     * Integrated testing throughout configuration and building process
     * Postfix mail server software
     * MailScanner fraud detection software
     * SpamAssassin for extensive spam analysis
     * Integrated ClamAV anti-virus scanning
     * FuzzyOCR decoding of spam attached images
     * Integrated PDF scanning detects PDF spam advertisements (added
8/11/2007)
     * Support for all major anti-spam and anti-malware black listing
services
     * Support for white-listing of trusted domains and senders
     * Multiple Domain Support , no user limits
     * Flexible and Secure Linux Operating System
     * Troubleshooting & Linux Help Guide
     * Free online security and software updates provided by Ubuntu
     * Native Support for SMTP with TLS encryption
     * Email Technical Support
     * Secure Web Administration
     * 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee