From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bo Ring
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 11:01 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] RB532 and 40MBps

> Question is.... Why does teh 600 series outperform them all, when it
> has the slowest processor in MHZ?
>
> Are Mikrotik's 532a speeds test at 266 or 400Mhz? And the 600 series
> at 200 or 400? They did specify on their report.
>
> Is the 600's Power PC's processor really that much better that it gets
> so much better speed at slower Mhz?

While I can not speak of it in use between these two routers, there is a
reason why it was logical to move to RISC. They are more efficient chips and
tend to be even more so when they are used in specific environments. If
anyone is a Mac head from way back, you might remember the raw numbers
between the 40MHz 68030 and the 25MHz PowerPC when Apple first moved to
them.