R52H cards are made for Mikrotik by Compex. And these are exactly the
same cards as R52 ones (hardware wise) with calibration data pushed to
the limits. Or even further, one step too far, and perhaps that's why
you see such failure rate.

Cisco doesn't sell their software for generic x86 systems eventhough
they definitely could. Mikrotik used to sell their software for bare
x86 systems, but since then they decided it's better for them to sell
complete hardware+software solution. And I guess there must be a good
reason for that.