Just got back from a county commission meeting.  We appealed conditions
placed on a conditional use permit for a new tower.  They wanted us to
provide a full acre of fall protection clearance around the tower (leased
land).  That acre would be conveyed to the county.  They wanted the parcel
fenced, and landscaped.  And the provision that no other development could
ever be done there.

This was for a 100 foot lattice tower in the middle of a cow pasture.  I
argued equal protection, I showed were they have never made us do this any
other location.  I told them I wanted the cows to graze under the tower.  We
argued telecom act and the inapplicability of the ordinance cited.  I told
them that they should require the local power company to have a clear fall
zone around every power pole.

The commissioners struck all the conditions.  The planning guy was trying at
the end to insert elements from the contract between us and the rancher.  I
objected to anything from that contract being read into the record for that
proceeding.  They shut him down on that too.  The planner is a new guy, just
graduated from college in May as a planner or some such thing.  Our CUP was
one of the first things he did.  I tried to reason with him early in the
process but he had to strut his stuff.  So his stuff got rolled into a very
tight tube and forcefully hammered into an orfice.  I think I will go out on
the back porch and crow a little.