From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Rock
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:37 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 3.650 Wimax in the field

I would disagree. WiMAX should be a goal for most WISPs to get into their
networks over the next 1-3 years.
Why??? Roaming!!! It will be the real deal and the WISP market, if they do
the right things, will be able to setup roaming agreements to exist with
each other all over the USA.
CPE will be available in all sorts of devices between 2.3 and 3.8 GHz and
yes 3.65 falls in that window. Device frequency scanning will be dictated by

availabilty. So if the WISP Market, small and large, build compatable 3.65
networks with viable roaming agreements with the right service flows
everyone could be happy. Keep in mind the right things need to fall in place

for this to happen.

Hurdles...
-CPE that really are interoperable and in many types of devices.
-Base Station RF in a cellular sence. That equals build outs with
competitive priced Base stations in mobile mind set.
-Base stations from different manufactureers that can GPS sync with each
other so UL/DL ratios can co exist in a given area. To my knowledge this
does not exist yet but would be critical to help with interference in the
3.65 GHz band. The WiMAX forum needs to make sure this does exist between
base stations along with the interoperability standards they are developing.

The GPS peice may exist but I have yet to see in in the standerds.

Thanks,

John Rock
Wireless Connections
Director of Operations - Senior Engineer
ACCessing the Future Today!!
ofc. 419.660.6100
cell 419-706-7356
fax  419-668-4077
http://www.wirelessconnections.net
This transmission and any files attached to it, may contain confidential
and/or privileged information and intended only for the named recipient. If
disclosure, reproduction, retransmission, dissemination, disclosure, copying

or any use of the information or files contained is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by
reply transmission and delete this electronic mail.