Daniel,   Most professionals use Pathloss..... Most if not all commercial
carriers use Pathloss.... I've been engineering Paths for 8 years and swear by
it.  Its worth it....  Knowing how to use it properly is priceless.

I'm not in here much any more because some of the members like to go against
the grain and try to re-invent the wheel with their "profound knowledge"   and
lack of experience.

Pathloss is a winner.  I've used it over the yrs to design networks in over 10
major US markets. 100-400 paths per market.
Its a great product.  You will need to know how to use a GPS.  The software (
Pathlosss ) is a great tool but it should be used in coordination with a
process of " eyes on/ hands on ".

Nothing is more valuable than Driving the path and terrain to see what the
software is showing you on paper.   The software isn't going to show things
like new construction.  It isn't going to show you that 80' tree sitting on the
highest terrain feature blocking your path with gear at 60' on the
tower/rooftop.

Mikey

In a message dated 08/05/08 14:35:25 Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]