Jack Unger wrote:
> Here's a guy who is "building" a Muni WiMAX network all by himself.
>
> <http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2008/08/09/3592867.htm>
>
> Either:
>
> a) This gentleman believes he knows a whole lot more than WISPA members
> know (because very few WISPA members are single-handedly building Muni
> Wi-MAX networks), or
>
> b) The opposite is true, or
>
> c) Neither of the above. Another journalist is conflating Wi-Fi and
> WiMAX (again).

No... I think they mean WiMAX. The quote:

A few more base stations would have to be installed around the city to
make all of Delray Beach wireless.

to me implies WiMAX. Unless the city is quite small, I don't think a
handful of (meshed) Access Points could cover it.
I mean unless he is using 3.65Ghz perhaps?

--
Charles Wyble (818) 280 - 7059
http://charlesnw.blogspot.com