Gino,

You'll notice that many of the expiring leases are associated with Sprint,
to include those SpeedChoice licenses (Sprint partner) and of course the
Nextel and Clearwire licenses. Most all the upcoming expirations are for EBS
leases, not the BRS licenses purchased at auction or from original auction
winners. It is likely that none of those will be changing hands. I'd also be
surprised to Xanadoo release its licenses and I know Digital Bridge won't. I
am sure these guys all have renewal options, but it never hurts to make the
call. Each filing includes contact names and numbers to the individuals who
manage the licenses.

What the view does show is just how extensively the commercial guys went
about accumulating EBS leases from the non-profits who were given the
spectrum. The non-profits fought hard to retain their spectrum when the
bands were re-configured to remove the interleaving, and you can see why --
it brings in lots and lots of revenue for them. Imagine how nice it would be
to be literally given spectrum which can now be turned around and leased for
millions of dollars.

At the same time, the offshoot result of has made 3650 MHz such a source of
excitement and why you are now seeing about 2 new licenses per day in 3650
-- for most, it is the only game in town in terms of getting relatively
clean spectrum. That's why I create my 3650 new operator list each month, so
we can all see who is doing what and where.

Cheers,

Patrick
www.sageni.com

Patrick Leary