Here is Lauri Vertrees' response to the issues raised.  She is our
Operations Director, whose responsibility includes porting numbers.  Most of
her comments reaffirm what others have already stated.

Ron:

a)  VoX knows how to port.  We have never directly requested to port a
telephone number from Farmers' Telecommunications Coop because.....

b)  We are not a switched, facilities based land line carrier and thus rely
on our carrier partners to port telephone numbers to VoX.  If our porting
partners do not have coverage in a Rate Center (an Interconnect Agreement)
we cannot obtain DIDs nor can we port DIDs from that Rate Center.  It's all
about the numbers.  If the dollars made sense, the Interconnect Agreement
would already be in place.  So, the bottom line on Marlon Williamson's port
request from Farmers' Telecommunications Coop to VoX is that our porting
partners do not have an Interconnect Agreement in place with them and
therefore cannot provide service to the Rainsville, AL Rate Center.  VoX LNP
is very careful with its language.  We do not blame the donor LEC.  The
rejection notice states that the telephone number is not portable at this
time and the further explanation is that VoX cannot provide service to this
Rate Center, at this time.

Chris Townson's comment in part 2 regarding non-geographical porting is very
good.

In porting, both carriers must shake hands, trade information and agree --
both the donor LEC and the receiving carrier.  Not all LECs like to or want
to play nice.  No matter what the FCC says.

I have checked the surrounding rate centers to see if there is a local
alternative. There are 3 other RCs around Rainsville, but they are all
served by Farmer's Coop.  Bottom line - we cannot get numbers in this
location (256-638) and therefore cannot port.

Ron