From: Randy Cosby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:24 AM
To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] NOGO's

I think this number is going to fluctuate a lot depending on a number of
things.

1. Frequencies available - we typically only use 5.8 or 2.3 (MMDS).  Not
good for NLOS installations.  I'm looking into 900 for some areas to get
around this problem..

2. Topography.  Big flat areas with mountains surrounding them will be
easier to hit with high-up towers.  Crazy southwest desert outcroppings,
  cinder cones, canyons, etc. make it difficult here.

3. Vegetation - palms vs pine trees

4. Area covered / density.  Chuck and Travis have HUGE areas.  I'm
impressed with how much they do cover.

I do agree that "nogo" numbers are something we need to study more
closely and try to improve upon.  Some great ideas here (google mapping
nogos, etc.)

Doing coverage maps with Radio Mobile and Google Maps / Earth is not
really hard.  We use those extensively.  I'll try to write something up
soon.

Randy