On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Paul Dowling wrote:

>The definition of spam is an unsolicited e-mail.  Obviously we
>didn't ask you to sendus the request so it was an unsolicited
>e-mail.  Just because you politely ask to send spam doesn't make it
>right.

I understand your position.  I'm not trying to justify any action on
my part, either.  I don't even feel the need to do so.  I recognise
that the email both frustrated and angered you.  In truth, I even
agree with your position to a point.  I simply felt like this was a
better approach than sending the message with the advertisement
first.  If you disagree, that is your right.  Consider this my
public apology to you (and others) if you are or were offended by
this approach.  As the original message stated, anyone who requests
it either by following the link in the message OR by sending me a
direct email WILL be removed and will NOT be seeing further email
from me on this subject.

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*http://blog.butchevans.com/    *Wired or wireless Networks        *
*http://www.wisp-forums.com/    *http://www.wisp-wiki.com/
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Professional Technical Trainer    *