>100 mW transmitter with 6 dBi antenna

That was a surprise. I was expecting 100mw EIRP.

That might make the margin between Fixed and Personal Portible a bit close.
36db (4 watt) -26db (400mw) = 10 db. Thats about the average SNR margin
required for most DSSS radio (PS I know, Canopy 3db C/I)
It allows Fixed to survive on a 1 on 1 comparision, but not sure how Fixed
will stand up to large number of portable devices in agreegate.

Leaving room for that omni on top, also encourages use for the spectrum as a
short range outdoor relay system  I can see these being used for muni
networks, for the self install CPE, even at 400mw.   My take on this is....
personal portable will not just be personal portable with the addition of
the 6db omni allowance.

What I really see happening now is runaway theft of service.  It will now be
so much easier, to share your neighbors cable/DSL line.

The flip side is... 400mw EIRP, starts to bring it to the level WISPs could
use it also for short term relays.

Is the 6db antenna also allowed on the 40mw transmitter for adjacenet
channels?

If so, that might actually be a blessing in disguise, to enalbe WISPs to
take advantage of adjacent channels, for some application. 18db EIRP might
be enough for some applications.
Non-Adjacent channels for 4watt Sector distribution, and Adjacent channels
for very short range distribution.

What type link do you think we might be able to pull off at 18db EIRP
Whitespace, in clear spectrum?

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband