Chuck,

We don't use Canopy just because my competitors are using it. And really, any more, the customer doesn't care HOW the bandwidth gets delivered. So why not use a product that can deliver twice the bandwidth for 1/3 the price? ;)

Travis
Microserv

Chuck McCown - 3 wrote:
If you hang out over at [EMAIL PROTECTED] you will find more than a hundred
WISPs, many of them very small operations from 100-1000 subscribers that are
100% canopy.  And generally speaking they are kicking butt and taking names
in their markets.  I disagree that Canopy is not marketed to the smaller
WISPS.  It costs a little more to deploy but you earn it back with a fixed
guaranteed latency, high priority for voip, 10 mbps burst and many other
features that keep the customer happy and retained.  Come to AF09 and see
how Motorola markets to the smaller WISPS.  Moreover their new 430 line
delivers better performance for the price than Redline or Alvarion.  And
they are still innovating.

While I will admit I have a vested interest in seeing Canopy continue to
have legs, I don't think my opinions are unfounded.

It is funny how the Canopy product line is so polarizing in this industry.
I picked it entirely by chance.  It was either Canopy or Proxim.  I am glad
I picked what I picked.  Many others picked Trango.  They are able to make
it work and earn money.  I know of some folks that abandoned Trango for
Canopy.  Don't personally know anyone who went the other way but I am sure
that someone will educated me to that situation as soon as I press the send
button.

I don't understand human psychology well enough to even begin to explain why
this is such a polarizing topic.  Cognitive dissonance seems to come into
play.