Pardon my ignorance. but I am coming across the first time I will have to do
a coax cable install across a building to install a modem (by customer
request).  I've actually been fortunate and never had to mess with cable TV
type installations (done plenty of LMR-400 coax work.)

Cable termination will be on the bottom floor of a building.  To consolidate
equipment with the wireless gear, customer wants me to run coax from that
box to the cabinet with the other switches, etc. in it.  I'm not sure what
the cable length is at the moment, but what is the max cable length of RG-6
or RG-11 for broadband internet?  What if I use an amp?

Any other sage advice would be welcome!

Daniel White
3-dB Networks