Brian Webster suggested that we make a list (posted to the WISPA site) of
bandwidth carriers.

I'd be happy to help on this effort, but I certainly don't have the time (or
the programming skills) to dedicate to make it what I would like to see.

I'm thinking as grand as type in a ZIP code and it tells you the nearest POP
meeting certain characteristics of which could be carrier, technologies
supported (wireless, TDM, Ethernet, etc.), service type (DIA, dark fiber, PtP
transport, MPLS transport, etc.), and others.

It could be as simple as just a basic list of companies.

What would you guys like to see?

I'm thinking that people could contribute their knowledge of what's available,
then someone confirms if that's true or not.

In comes the problem of carriers thinking of their POP locations and
capabilities as a hush, hush secret instead of a marketing tool.

I think this would be a great tool to have as a benefit to WISPA membership,
but alas my effort would be self defeating as I'm not a WISPA member (funds).

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com