We've had great luck with using APC XL UPS's with management cards on
remote pops.  We are able to add extra large AGM batteries using the
port on the back.  At one site, I was able to keep all my stuff up over
24 hours with two banks of two 90AH batteries during a power outage the
day after Christmas.

We'd like to try the same thing at some other locations, but with banks
of four less expensive 6V golf cart batteries .  I am unsure if the APC
will charge them correctly, however.  Anyone had experience or insight
they can give us on this?  These areas are not at risk for hard freezing.

--
Randy Cosby
Vice President

work: 435-773-6071