> And working with the likes of Cisco, Lucent etc.
> pretty well guarantees failure.
>
> laters,
> marlon

Marlon, I am afraid I have to disagree with you on this one. There are many
massive deployments (hundreds of APs in one campus) around the world using
both Aruba and Cisco as their 802.11 infrastructure. Neither of these are a
best fit for most WISP type deployments but they most definitely are the
best for very large campus type environments. I would estimate that over 75%
of very large campus environements are successfully deploying secure,
reliable and scalable 802.11 using Aruba and Cisco. I do not sell or own
equipment from either of these vendors so please know my perspective here is
based solely on what I have read from the accounts of many system
administrators involved in campus deployments. I have built smaller campus
deloyments using WISP based systems as you have descibed but if I had to a
large scale campus deployment there is no doubt for me that Aruba or Cisco
would be the platform of choice.
Scriv