I like the tripplite APS 700hf/750/1250 gear.

We've got sites with 2 big batteries that should be good for 24 hours
with these.

I put one at my house after going through 2 APC UPSs in 8 years.

We put them everywhere we need long run time, and add batteries for
places where it's impractical to take a generator.

I don't mind freely recommending them. My competition has already seen
how well they work at a mountaintop site where we are both located and
has since followed that route in the interest of long runtime.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 07:07:19AM -0800, Marlon K. Schafer wrote:
> Yeah.  But they don't last forever.
>
> I've also found that they drain faster than they charge too.
>
> Right now I have rolling power outages in at least 4 towns spread out by a
> good 80 miles via road.  The power is on, then off then on then off.  It's
> not like I can just got to town A and fire up a generator.
>
> Plus, these towns combine for a total of 11 sites!  I don't have that many
> generators.
>
> Wanna know the funny part?  In Wilbur, AT&T's cell tower has been down more
> than I have!  grin
>
> People still had phone service most of the time.  One of the cell phone
> companies stayed up.  If there was NO communications infrastructure in place
> I'd have worked harder to keep things running.  Without help and a lot more
> generators/gas cans it just wasn't possible though.
>
> The weather is supposed to break today or tomorrow.   I don't know how long
> it'll take to clean up all of the broken limbs etc. though.
>
> laters,
> marlon

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/