We are using BGP internally on Mikrotik with good success instead of
OSPF. I've never done OSPF on it, as my network isn't entirely star
shaped like OSPF is said to be created for. There is a range of private
BGP AS numbers for such applications. Each site's router gets an ASN and
has peering connections to upstream and other connected sites.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 05:23:33PM +0100, Paolo Di Francesco wrote:
> Hi Travis
>
> to be honest mikrotik routing is not working well, and we are far from
> being happy about the OSPF implementation: too many bugs and lost routes.
> So, I would like to move to something more robust. Mikrotik MPLS
> implementation looks more at experimental stage and I would not use it
> for any reason in any production network. Maybe I am wrong and it's
> really stable, so if somebody is using mikrotik-MPLS let us know it!
>
> Thank you.
>
> > Mikrotik now supports MPLS. So any routerboard should work fine, depending
> > on
> > how much traffic you need to move.
> >
> > Travis
> > Microserv
> >
> > Paolo Di Francesco wrote:
> >> Hi Nathan,
> >>
> >> it could be a solution, but:
> >>
> >> 1) the only product I found interesting it CISCO ME switch with MPLS.
> >> Any other suggestion welcome.
> >> 2) cost per site goes really high for the backbone. If we would like to
> >> implement MPLS in each site, it would cost us a fortune.
> >> 3) Still wondering about maturity or many MPLS implementations, not sure
> >> the brands that really work and the ones which does not.
> >>
> >> Suggestions welcome ;)
> >>
> >> P.S. are you using MPLS?

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/