Here is what I put together and sent to the Indiana Senators Bayh and Lugar.
I will probably follow up in a few days with a more carefully constructed
letter.  I viewed this as an introductory letter and one I am hoping would
stimulate a call from a staff member.

Senator Bayh,

As a resident of the State of Indiana and one of the first broadband
providers in the State, I would like you to be sure to consider the
importance of Wireless Broadband Providers when working through the details
of the Broadband Stimulus Package. I am currently the President of WISPA
(Wireless Internet Service Providers Association) and a member of the US
Broadband Coalition effort sponsored by attorney Jim Baller in Washington
DC.

WISPs have consistently been overlooked the last 10 years in legislation and
purposely ignored by ILEC and Cable lobbyists who tend to attempt to keep
Congressmen in the dark to protect their interests. WISPA is making large
strides in organizing this industry which is made up of an estimated
1500-2000 providers across the country. I welcome the chance to speak with
you or a staff member one on one about our association and industry.

WISPs in general have been the only source of broadband in most rural areas
and many suburban underserved areas of our country for a good many years. My
company was the first broadband provider in Bluffton, Decatur, Huntington,
Portland and many other small towns in Northeastern Indiana. Our network now
spans from Centerville to Elkhart and from Kokomo to VanWert, Ohio.

WISPs can quickly deploy broadband systems for a fraction of the cost that
other hardline providers have to contend with. Our ability to deploy quickly
is hampered only by lack of funding. The FCC has opened more spectrum up for
WISP use the last several years and WISPA has had an important impact
through its lobbying efforts to achieve this. We believe we are a solid
third broadband pipe and an important one to prevent the current duopoly
from getting worse.

I look forward to hearing back from your staff concerning this topic as I
know the legislation is on a fast track through the Senate, just as it went
through the House Committee. Broadband Stimulation is essential and WISPs
should be part of the final package.

Respectfully,
Rick Harnish
President