Crossroads got RUS money in my area, even though they overlap various
providers. We had filed in response to their public notice too. I didn't
push it as they are now contracted to be a tenant on one of my towers
if they actually deploy.

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 05:45:22PM -0600, Scottie Arnett wrote:
> Just a note. The USDA/RUS will not currently loan/grant in areas where
> they have existing loans/grants in competing services. They spell this
> out on their website, but I know one guy that mentioned he got around
> it someway. IMO, this rule needs changing. Some of those getting
> funding are taking their own sweet time in deploying anything if at
> all.
>
> This is something your lawyers need to keep in mind when working this
> through with the Washington guys. If its not changed or addressed in
> the Stimulus package, those of you like me that compete with rural
> telco cooperatives, will be SOL. Also, if you compete with another
> company that has received Broadband Grants/Loans from the RUS, you may
> be in the same boat.
>
> Scottie

> From: "Rick Harnish" <rharn...@onlyinternet.net>
> Date:  Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:42:31 -0500
>
> >The following WISPA members have stepped up to the plate with donations for
> >our Broadband Stimulus Lobbying Effort.  The WISPA Board would like to thank
> >all those who have donated so far and encourage others to do the same.  I
> >can't stress enough the importance of this cause as this package races
> >through Congress and the lobbying efforts that will still need to be done as
> >rule making and dispursement procedures are defined at the NTIA, USDA and
> >the FCC once the Legislation is passed.
> >

> >Matt Larsen                        Vistabeam
> >$500
> >
> >Mark Ackaway                  Myakka Technologies                    $1500
> >
> >George Rogato                 OregonFast
> >$1000
> >
> >Nathan Stooke                  WisperISP
> >$1000
> >
> >Brian Rohrbacher             Reliable Inter.net
> >$500
> >
> >Don Renner                        NetSurfUSA
> >$500
> >
> >John Scrivner                     MVN.Net
> >$500
> >
> >Total Raised Thus Far
> >$5500
> >

> >Additionally, I would like to welcome the new member requests that have come
> >in since January 1st.  This brings the total new members to 51 for January.
> >That is by far the best month we have ever had for new memberships.  Welcome
> >to all and thank you for supporting WISPA.  Dori told me this morning that
> >she is going to try to catch up on her WISPA invoicing tonight.  It may be a
> >late night for her! J
> >
> >To those members who have paid their invoices but have not been added to the
> >w...@wispa.org or memb...@wispa.org mailing lists, please reply to the
> >bo...@wispa.org list and we will get you added.
> >

> >1.  Perry D. Vincent        Louisiana Radio Communications, Inc.
> >
> >2.  Craig House             Total Wireless Communications
> >
> >3.  Joe Kelley              East Texas DSL
> >
> >4.  Gregg Smith             Westcom Broadband, Inc
> >
> >5.  Kevin Peterson          Peterson Technology Group, LLC

> [...]

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/