We generally see 16mpg average (city driving, freeway at 80mph, etc.) with 500-700 pounds of gear in the back.

Travis

Matt wrote:
We buy brand new Chevy Silverado 4x4 long-bed V6 work trucks. We tried

What kind of mpg you get out of them?

Matt

the "buy cheap and fix it when it breaks", but that doesn't work for us
anymore. We can't have a vehicle out of service for 2-3 days because we
give up 4-6 installs during that time. We get a $500 Lowe's card when we
buy, so we use that to get toolboxes for the truck, and then we buy a
$200 ladder rack off ebay.

We also install our standard GPS tracking system, and have the truck
decals put on. Takes us about a week from start to finish to get a new
truck ready to go.