We like redundant when it's too much trouble or logistics to quickly
repair one link. A redundant link is good when the problem is 260' up a
tower that's a 90 minute drive away. Usually I have the spare link
turned off in the AP to conserve spectrum. We are often tight on
spectrum for 5.8ghz stuff and don't have enough spare spectrum to have 2
links going at the same time.

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 03:13:38PM -0800, Mark Nash wrote:
> We've been putting in redundant or alternate backhauls to our distros
> that have more than 20 users.  I'm curious to see how others feel
> about this, and when you decide to install a redundant or alternate
> backhaul to a tower distro?
>
> Mark Nash
> UnwiredWest
> 78 Centennial Loop
> Suite E
> Eugene, OR 97401
> 541-998-5555
> 541-998-5599 fax
> http://www.unwiredwest.com

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/