We were never told we had to use anything from any approved list of vendors.
I do know that Waverider did become a "USDA Approved Vendor" after we had
our grant but we were not told we could not use them. We did help get
Waverider listed as an approved Vendor at that time after the fact. I think
it is simply having the vendor provide some general information about making
sure they are an Equal Opportunity Employer, they don't cause environmental
destruction, they don't support terrorism, yadda yadda... We had to do the
same thing to become USDA approved to receive the funds. There are some
hurdles to being qualified for receiving federal funds but most of it was
stuff we needed to do anyway like making sure all of our accounting was in
proper order. What I foiund was that many of the things that make your
company qualified to receive federal funds can be easily accomplished with
some time with your attorney and accountant. It was well worth the effort in
our case.
Scriv