From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of John Scrivner
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:15 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] [Sarcasm Alert] Yippee! Sprint "owns" the NTIA

Does anyone know the stock symbol for the company that makes KY Jelly?
I think that is where I will be moving my portfolio to. I'll just go
ahead now and predict that Sprint / Clearwire end up with a minimum of
$3B, likely more.

TODAY'S SPOTLIGHT... Former Sprint exec tapped as NTIA deputy director

The Obama administration has named a former Sprint Nextel executive,
Anna Gomez, to serve as deputy director of the National
Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), which will
handle as much as $6.65 billion in new stimulus wireless and broadband
grants that will be available to Sprint and its competitors.

Gomez, former vice president of government affairs with Sprint, is
currently acting director of NTIA, which influences the president's
telecom policy within the Commerce Department.

NTIA spokesman Bart Forbes said in an interview with the Wall Street
Journal that Gomez understands that the public has "every right to be
concerned about her role in a potential broadband grant program,"
because of her history with Sprint. "She is discussing this with the
ethics office and will look to remove herself from the decision-making
process" for grant applications where appropriate, he said.

--------