This happens right in my house. Since installing lots of extra ethernet
wiring, my ability to scan in the 2m and 150mhz areas has definitely
been hindered by all the off noisy channels. It happened because I
haven't bothered to use shielded cat5 at home.

At tower sites, we use shielded only. We have many situations where we
are colocated with VHF and HAM gear and have no problems because we use
shielded cables and metal equipment enclosures. We have one site with
probably 25 ethernet devices adjacent to a VHF AIS receiver that is
picking things up distant ships at sensitivities of -115dbm or so.

--
/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL