Are you using the optional QoS module that does layer 7 traffic
shaping? I was using that at home but found the QoS in the Tomato
firmware for Broadcom based APs to be more accurate. I haven't found
any of the free open source Linux based firewalls to be very good at
traffic shaping. I wish Packeteer had a software based solution
(preferrably free).