My thought is that you are unlikely to get much of a response from
potential customers, although whatever response you did get would be a
strong incentive to any WISP in the area, and it is certainly doable,
Mikrotik could easily handle it. My reasoning is that all of my AP's
broadcast a domain name which I would think would be a strong clue to
anybody looking for service as to where to look for contact information,
but I get very few calls as a result of broadcasting that domain name.
Granted, having an informational page would be a better advertisement,
but I can't see it being that much better. I might try it on some of my
own APs.

Have you considered (or tried) contacting WISP's that  are in  proximity
to your towers? Do you have any towers close enough to me to do me any
good?

John Vogel

Blake Bowers wrote:
> I really don't want the hassle of providing the internet
> service - where to get the internet pipe, taking care of
> the customers, etc.  Not my core business, and not one
> I feel like I can provide well.
>
> I was thinking that adjoining area WISP's would be
> able to provide a pipe, either by their connections with
> regional providers, microwave backhaul, etc, they could
> take care of installs to expand their coverage area, etc.
>
> I want an enviroment where both the WISP and US
> can make some money.
>
> Now, your a smart guy.  If a tower owner in a town
> near your coverage area was able to bring to you a list
> of people that would be likely to sign up for service IF
> you had service available in that area, would you not look
> really hard at that?
>
> Me, I would be all over it like a fat kid on cake....
>

> Don't take your organs to heaven,
> heaven knows we need them down here!
> Be an organ donor, sign your donor card today.

John Vogel - jvo...@vogent.net
http://www.vogent.net   620-754-3907
Vogel Enterprises LLC
Information Services Provider serving S.E. Kansas