From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Butch Evans
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:48 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] router to load balance 2 wan connections

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 16:20 -0500, Alan Long wrote:
> I am looking for a router to load balance 2 wan connections and support
450
> users behind the router. I will be bringing in 2 external circuits from
> different providers and want to be able to use both. Any have any
experience
> with gear to handle this?

Alan,
I have done this type of thing with everything from Mikrotik to
ImageStream to Cisco (YUK).

1. What type of circuits are the 2 wan connections?
2. How much overall bandwidth do you need to route (could be answered by
#1)
3. By "load balance", do you mean NAT or a BGP type load balance?

Depending on the answers to the above question I can provide you with a
better answer as to which equipment is best.  There are, of course, low
grade consumer devices that can do this, but I doubt that's what you
were looking for.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * WISPA Board Member               *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * Wired or Wireless Networks       *

----