I recently set up an AP on a nearby village's water tower and they are now
sending me income tax papers saying I need file with their village. Our
office is not in their village and I don't live in their village so I see no
reason for filing. The only thing that ties me to them is the lone AP on
their water tower. I am on 3 other city's water tower's in the same area and
none of them have said anything about filing with them.

The contract between the village and I states nothing about taxes or
exchange of money for using the tower.

1 - Is income derived from clients residing in the village limits taxable as
income?

2 - What about income derived from clients residing outside the village
limits but running off the AP in the village limits?

3 - Even if so, why do the other ISP's that provide service to residents in
the village not have to file income tax to this village?

4 - By filing income within the village I would technically be paying tax on
income from all my towers generating revenue that have nothing to do with
their tower.

As far as I know there is no ordinance regarding internet service within the
village in any way.

Kurt Fankhauser
WAVELINC
P.O. Box 126