Brian,

Thats where I disagree. I'm surprised to hear it come from you.

Quick Note: Just two years ago, CN was nobody.  They have gotten clout
because they got off their hind side and started working on a solution to
the problem. But CN has had lots of critisim, they are not invincible.

What you should be doing is writting your ticket to financial freedom, by
preparing plans for WISPs.
Grant awardees can't write checks to themselves, but they can write checks
to their solution providers and contractors necessary to fullfil their
obligations of and goals for their grants.

Brian, many WISPs like your work and see the value, but aren't paying you
now for services because they simply don't have the budget for it. The grant
program is an opportunity to get in "in the budget". If mapping isn't
included in their grant apps, it won't likely be in their budget after their
award either.

It might be hard to get a seperate grant for mapping. But its real easy to
add a line item to an existing application. If I were you, I'd be putting
togeather the "deluxe" package for WISPs to include in their applications,
and it doesn't have to be "cheaper".