From: Scott Reed <scottr...@onlyinternet.net>

Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 11:40:31
To: WISPA General List<wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Sector separation/isolation

Right now channel 1 uses channel 1, 2 and 3.  Channel 6 uses 4-8.  When
you go to 10MHz channels 1 will use 1 and  2.  6 will use 5, 6 and 7.
Therefore, you are no longer on adjacent channels, there is a gap of
channels 3 and 4 between.
Also, you will cut down on the amount of other noise you hear because
you listen to only half as much spectrum.
And, you will have more effective power so noise may be less of a problem.

I am sure there are some RF savvy folks out there that can explain it
better.

--
Scott Reed
Sr. Systems Engineer