Just to follow up on this thought, the main "unintended consequence" I
had in mind was a customer running some sort of security verification
suite against his/her own servers. If I were an IT employee using this
sort of software from outside my network, and all of a sudden certain
IPs or subnets can no longer access my company's network for some
unknown reason, I would not be pleased. I would be expecting my ISP to
get packets from point A to point B, not to babysit connections for me.

If this feature were offered as an opt-in service, then it would be a
completely different story.

Of course, this probably isn't an issue at all for most residential and
SMB customers.

Patrick Shoemaker
Vector Data Systems LLC
shoemak...@vectordatasystems.com