There is no reason one couldn't do a custom POE that was AC.

A couple thoughts...

To maintain a max input of 48VDC, (to be under the low voltage codes), and to deliver 50W topside, is going to require a 14-16AWG wire pair and a 48V 60W supply at the bottom.

I suspect that you will need to get some DC-DC converters in various sizes to run the equipment up there...

os10ru...@gmail.com wrote:
Isn't POE DC?