Nokia e71 is always unlocked AFAIK (I have never seen a locked one)

You use the existing SIM card and get on that GSM network

The SIP client connects to his Asterisk server, mine to my M6, your
situation may be different...

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

"When you have eliminated the impossible, that which remains, however
improbable, must be the truth."
--- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle