Also, your opinion on this subject seems to have changed.  This is from your
post on 3-18-2008.  The first part is David Smith's question to you:

> As an aside, a serious question for those who buy/use used Cisco gear.
> My understanding is that IOS licenses are tied not just to the
> hardware, but also to the purchaser thereof, and are non-transferable.
> Thus, if you buy a used Cisco (anything) you aren't supposed to use it
> without contacting Cisco and paying for IOS. (Not "just" for access to
> updates, but to even boot your chosen device, you're technically
> required to give Cisco some money.) Did this ever change?

That is a complicated question. The simplest answer I can give you is that
we don't use the IOS that comes with the used gear.

I would say in general that if your shop doesn't have significant experience
with Cisco in general you can likely get burned buying used Cisco gear.
There is even the whole counterfeit problem you have to watch out for.

-Matt