LOL  Yeah, we get a LOT of calls that the office gals cant fix.  I'll ask if
the customers have already rebooted etc.  They'll say yes.

So I'll go through the routine of having the customer power cycle
everything.  "OK, did you pull out the power plug for the little white box
with a green light on it?"  Customer:  "Yeah, I just did that but I'll do it
again."

Next thing you know it's all working fine.  The girls HATE it when that
happens.  Customers just say yes to everything.  If they'd just give
accurate answers we could be so much more helpful and get things done much
faster!

As for weather, I spent about 14 hours on Tuesday doing repair work from a
couple of storms over the weekend.  Power supplies, routers, ethernet
adapters etc.  A couple of radios.  The strangest was when a radio power
supply would blow and the ethernet adapter in the computer would blow, but
nothing would happen to the router that was in the middle.  Go figure.  The
blown ethernet was 100% HP or Dell on board ethernet adapters.  I've seen
quite a few of the Dell's go.

Fortunately none of the failures was my gear.  Knock on wood.

I was down there with my bucket truck for part of one of them.  In the day
the lightning would light things up and we could hear the thunder inside the
truck at 60mph.  Amazing stuff.

One lady that I talked to said she'd lived in the area since the 60's and
could count on one hand the number of worse storms that she's seen.
Probably with fingers left over.

marlon