This morning I was reading about Alvarion winning the $100MM bid for
supplying Open Range network with their Breezemax product (
<http://www.cellular-news.com/story/38050.php?source=rss>
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/38050.php?source=rss ) for their 17 State
rollout of fixed wireless.

I decided to see what markets Open Range was serving, which I found here:
<http://www.openrangecomm.com/markets.html>
http://www.openrangecomm.com/markets.html.

On that page there is a link for a complete list of communities that takes
you here:  <http://broadbandsearch.sc.egov.usda.gov/>
http://broadbandsearch.sc.egov.usda.gov/.

This site is the USDA/RUS site and it states :

"Special Note to Potential Loan Applicants: Potential applicants should note
that communities associated with approved applications are no longer
eligible for RUS funding."

Hold the phone, when did the USDA/RUS start their loan program?

My understanding is that they are waiting on NTIA guidelines before they
even have an application available.

According to the USDA/RUS site:
<http://www.usda.gov/rus/telecom/broadband.htm>
http://www.usda.gov/rus/telecom/broadband.htm  they state:

"New regulations are currently being developed to implement the 2008 Farm
Bill requirements. With the publication of the new regulations, revised
application materials will be posted."

Am I missing something, or is this media hype?

Thanks,

Victoria Proffer

CEO

StLouisBroadband.com <http://stlbroadband.com/>