From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Curtis Maurand
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:14 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Antenna Performance

http://www.radiolabs.com/products/antennas/2.4gig/2.4-aluminum-parabolic.php

If you've got to go 10 miles, then you need gain.
 From the website.

*2.4 GHz 24db Directional Parabolic Grid WiFi Antenna*

*The Directional High Gain WiFi Parabolic Grid* WiFi Antenna offers
24dBi gain at the connector and a tight 8 Degree beamwidth. The high
gain wifi antenna is an aluminum die cast which is then powder coat
painted for added environmental protection. Because of its grid design
the antenna offers excellent wind loading characteristics.

Michael Baird wrote:
> Marlon,
>
> Not sure what you are saying here. According to the vendors specificatons.
>
> Teletronics 15-124 - 19DB horizontal w/8 degree vertical beamwidth.
> Tranzeo TR-24H-120-16 - 16DB horizontal w/6 degree vertical beamwidth.
>
> Yes it is odd that the Teletronics claims a higher VB, but then again
> it, it cost a lot more and should be a better antenna, as I believe gain
> not only comes with narrowing coverage (sector width), but antenna design.
>
> Regards
> Michael Baird
>
>> Gain only comes from narrowing coverage with antennas.
>>
>> If there are both 120* antennas you can't have HIGHER gain with GREATER
>> coverage....  It takes half the coverage area go give you twice the power

>> (3DB of gain).

http://www.odessaoffice.com/wireless/antenna/how_to_pick_the_right_antenna.h
tm

----