Really cool!

Except, Singleton started to lose me when he gave hypothetical uses for the
technology. Why does radiowaves have to go the speed if light, for it to pin
point a tumor inches away, or why would a pencil beam be more benefical for
satelite cell phone technology. Somewhat clueless examples.  I will say,
millimeter wave technology is already being used for medical uses like
pinpointing tumors, but it doesn't need to go the speed of light.

Now.... If they were to use that speed of light pencil beam for my Network
Backbone....... That would be cluefull  :-)

As for... Can radiowaves replace fiber?

Well, the problem is not just getting waves to travel the speed of light.
The problem is whether enough of the wave detail can be received, a long
enough distance, without errors and distortion, for it to be useful and
reliable. It can be challenging when the medium (air, rain, wood, etc) in
which the radiowave travels through is not a constant, compared to fiber and
wire technologies which are more consistent mediums for passing electricity
or light. It will be interesting to follow Singleton's work.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband