I've been a huge fan of Postfix combined with Maia Mailguard
(maiamailguard.com I think). Allows users to modify their own settings,
white lists, blacklists, see little graphs on blocked spam for their
specific account in addition to allowing them to help train the system by
going through copies of their messages and verifying them as spam or
non-spam.

On 7/14/09 12:02 AM, "Scottie Arnett" <sarn...@info-ed.com> wrote:

> Agreed! Been using Postfix since I told Postini to take a hike. They both use
> a modified version of Postfix and related add-ons. You can make a spam machine
> out of the cheapest hardware now. I have been doing this for over 3 years and
> have a much better customer satisfaction.
>
> Scottie

> From: Jeremy Parr <jeremyp...@gmail.com>
> Date:  Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:25:16 -0400
>
>> 2009/7/13 Don Grossman <d...@willitsonline.com>:
>>> It seems time to take a look at our anti-spam solution.  Currently we
>>> are looking to replace out Barracuda due to ongoing issues with the
>>> box that after several attempts to work with Barracuda can not be
>>> resolved.  Barracuda is helpful but like to point at other things like
>>> DNS and unrelated stuff.  In the end they log into the box after
>>> wasting time so something to kick the box and we are good for an
>>> undetermined amount of time.
>>>
>>> The Barracuda gives us a few features that we like such as an in house
>>> box that we are not paying per email address or domain.  Also the per
>>> user configurability is great for letting users independently control
>>> their white and blacklists.
>>>
>>> In a nutshell what products should we look at that offer us similar
>>> features as the Barracuda box.
>>
>> You can roll your own with Postfix and a few addons. After looking at
>> the configuration options for a lot of the Postfix addons, you come to
>> the realization that with a few hours of work, you can have all of the
>> software tools used by the Barracuda internally, and have root access
>> to the box to fix it yourself when it goes south, instead of waiting
>> on them. You can also throw in things like redundant hard drives, and
>> redundant power. How a company can market a $3k+ device with a single
>> IDE drive in good conscience is beyond me.
>>
>> I can't find the link right now, but there is a package that provides
>> users with an accessible, configurable quarantine, just like the
>> Barracuda. I'll post the link as soon as it turns up.

>> ---
>> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
>> http://signup.wispa.org/

>> ---
>> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]
>>

> Wireless High Speed Broadband service from Info-Ed, Inc. as low as $30.00/mth.
> Check out www.info-ed.com/wireless.html for information.

> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
> http://signup.wispa.org/

Adam Kennedy