Mike wrote:
> Seems wrong too that a company can make money off using MY bandwidth
> for hours on end with no compensation.

You are getting compensated, by your customer, so now it isn't really
your bandwidth, but theirs. The customer is paying you to transport
data, be it pictures of kittens, a HDD backup, or something else. If the
terms of your contract are such that you can't support this usage, then
you should probably look at changing the terms of the contract.

However, I would think that it would be pretty easy to look at the flows
and put throttling rules in place that limit Carbonite/Mozy/xyz traffic
when there is congestion.

Josh

--
Josh Cheney